Wednesday, November 17, 2010

God Gave Us You by Lisa T. Bergren

Years ago I was told that I might never be able to have children. I remember the horror I felt, and the pain. I remember telling my then fiance that I would understand if he didn't want to marry me. (He turned me down on that offer, and is now my husband, God bless the man!) I remember the heartache I felt thinking I might never get to have a child when all I had wanted for years was to be a Mommy. 

I remember well the night, back in July of 2008 and well over 2 years after our original family plan was supposed to have begun, when my husband and I threw our hands in the air and gave it to God. What would be would be in his time, not ours. 

We got pregnant that month. (In fact, we strongly suspect it was that night.) While I know that God gives every child to every parent, it is partially my own history that makes me feel such a strong connection with God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren. God gave me my most amazing miracle, and I am so blessed by that!

In God Gave Us You, Little Cub inquires of her mother where she came from one night as she is being tucked beneath her quilts. Mama bear settles in to tell her Little Cub the wondrous story experienced by parents everywhere, bear and human alike, of wanting a baby and being blessed by God with the miracle of their child! 

Mama bear explains the miracle of life, of Little Bear growing in her tummy, hearing her heart beat, and the night she arrives, in a beautiful and age appropriate way for even your youngest little reader. It is impossible not to feel the amazing love between parent, child, and God while reading this book. For me, it is also impossible not to fight back tears.

Not only a beautifully written story, the sweet illustrations by Laura J. Bryant tell a story themselves, making this a book your child will read even to themselves over and over again even before they can grasp the written words. 

If you are looking for something extra special, you can even get a personalized edition of God Gave Us You just for your child!

In addition to God Gave Us You, Ms. Bergren brings Little Cub and her family alive in several other stories that are wonderful to share with your family in times of love, joy, teaching, and when you are in need. Some of these books include God Gave Us Two, God Gave Us Heaven, God Gave Us Christmas, and God Found Us You. (A story about adoption!)

If you are interested in learning more about author Lisa T. Bergren and her books, life, and beliefs, please check out her personal web page! If you are interested in the works of illustrator Laura J. Bryant, please visit her web page!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails